Why You’ll Love This Job!
At Pacific Heights Veterinary Hospital, we pride ourselves on maintaining a positive and friendly team culture all while providing the highest quality pet care. We offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services as well as holistic modalities including chiropractic care and acupuncture. Our veterinary hospital has advanced equipment and technologies, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, surgical suite, advanced dental equipment, and a full stocked pharmacy. We’re also adding a brand new ultrasound system to our technology!
The ideal Licensed Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments. You will ensure communication with clients is clear and understood, via phone, text, and email.
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred or valid LVT credentials in Washington or pending credentials within 6-8 months.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining individuality and medical autonomy which makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do! Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Annual CE Reimbursement / LVT/RVT/CVT License Reimbursement
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Care Benefits for your personal pets
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
- VTNE Exam Fee reimbursement
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999832997295