Why You’ll Love This Job
Grow a successful career based on your love for animals when you join the Pacific Heights Veterinary Clinic family in our Veterinary Assistant position in Renton, WA!
We are counting on you to help shape the future of PP&V because, here, we know it is our employees’ valuable contributions that lead to our overall success. You will benefit from a large support network while also maintaining the individuality that sets you apart. Your hard work and dedication as a Veterinary Assistant will pay off as you build important relationships both within the workplace and the surrounding pet community. Add to your knowledge base and increase your skills as you work alongside veterinary professionals. Enjoy job satisfaction and receive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a 3% match.
- We have a very cohesive team that really enjoys working together.
- We have a strong appreciation for work/life balance.
- We offer 4-day work weeks – 10-hour shifts and are always closed on Sundays.
- We have a program in PPV that will help any assistant interested in attending Penn Foster to become an LVT. They have the ability to be compensated appropriately as they attend the program with their wages and potentially have the ability to get reimbursed for tuition.
It is an extraordinary time to start your career at Pacific Heights Veterinary Clinic! Apply for our Veterinary Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.pacificheightsvets.com
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years advanced experience as a veterinary technician or assistant required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred
- The schedule is four 10-hour shifts – Saturdays required