Why You’ll Love This Job
Turn your passion and love for animals into a fun and promising career at Helping Hands Veterinary Clinic in our Kennel Assistant position in Lynnwood, WA!
Helping Hands Veterinary Clinic is a growing and innovative organization where you will feel supported and valued, and where you will play an important role in helping shape the future of the company. Your contributions will benefit the lives of pets and their appreciative people, leaving you with a sense of pride, knowing you are making a difference in your community as part of a reputable and respected organization. Here, you will have access to the latest in state-of-the-art technology and pick up useful knowledge through hands-on experience. In this Kennel Assistant role, you will enjoy a flexible schedule and receive generous paid time off. We also offer benefits that include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a matched 401k.
Establish yourself with a company where each day is exciting and rewarding. Apply for Helping Hands Veterinary Clinic’s Kennel Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.helpinghandsvet.com
Kennel Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist in taking radiographs; clean surgical instruments and prepare surgical packs for sterilizations; sample set up and clean up
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Refill and restock exam/treatment rooms with appropriate medical supplies and materials
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensures safety of patients and people
- Clean kennels/feed animals as instructed/walk animals as instructed; general hospital janitorial duties
Kennel Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience