Why You’ll Love This Job!
Purdy Veterinary Hospital has been in operation for over thirty years with many happy, long-term employees and clients. Our purpose is to provide top quality care to our patients and prompt, professional, personalized service to our clients. We do so with current technologies that make work easier for us, and better for our patients and clients.
Located in beautiful Gig Harbor, Washington, we are a 7 doctor private practice, searching for a motivated associate to join our team. The area is growing and we are booked out several weeks in advance. We have a beautiful, uplifting facility, with lots of windows and an excellent staff of individuals who care about what they do and enjoy doing it. Our doctors work well together, collaborating on cases, in a true team environment.
Our hospital has advanced equipment and technologies, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, surgical suite, dental equipment, and a full pharmacy. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients at every stage.
We are striving for long term relationships with our staff and doctors and we believe that is best achieved by being open and honest, being flexible to the needs of our employees, and honoring our commitments.
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Active, non-restricted veterinary license in Washington
- Invested in building trusting relationships with clients, colleagues, and community
- Motivated for continuous personal and professional growth
- Team player, go-getter, willing to jump in when needed
- Positive attitude and the desire to learn
- Comfort or desire to grow in the surgery suite (soft tissue, dental extractions, spay/neuter, etc.)
- Mindset and drive to grow skillset and ability and the desire to mentor and train staff to keep them growing and excelling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999854270323