Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you passionate about animals and would jump at the chance to interact with all types of pets in an atmosphere where fun and compassion are the order of the day? If you want to onboard with a modern veterinary clinic where your career will flourish under the guidance of a caring DVM team, Penny Paws Animal Clinic – Richland Hills has a place for you as our Veterinary Assistant in Richland Hills, TX.
At People, Pets & Vets, we cultivate a laid-back environment where you will work directly with skilled professionals, receiving the training needed to grow your career with the utmost confidence. As our Veterinary Assistant, you will join an outstanding and supportive work-family, all with the common goal of making sure our patients get the loving care they deserve. This is an outside, part-time, weekend only position.
Grab this amazing opportunity to onboard with a company that cares about your success and happiness. Apply for Penny Paws Animal Clinic – Richland Hills’s Veterinary Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.pennypaws.com
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten pop up clinic tables to prepare for walk-in patients
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure the safety of patients and people
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for basic prevention visits; follow doctors requests to fill medications and vaccines
- Take temperatures, weight, draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician or assistant required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Blood draw from the cephalic vein