Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you adore animals and like having fun on the job? Would you be interested in joining an established veterinary hospital that offers flexible scheduling and great benefits? Then, you should consider this choice Kennel Assistant position with Midlothian Veterinary Clinic, a state-of-the-art facility devoted to providing outstanding pet care in Midlothian, TX!
As a Kennel Assistant with Midlothian Veterinary Clinic, you will work in a positive atmosphere as part of a happy work-family that bands together to help one another achieve success. Learn new and beneficial skills as you float between the front and back of the hospital, assisting in various important duties. Spend quality time with our furry patients who will love the attention you show them. Management will appreciate your efforts and clients will be grateful for your devotion to their beloved pets. We will reward you with generous paid time off, a flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401k matched by us.
Join a company that fosters a climate of learning, respect and compassionate care! Apply for Midlothian Veterinary Clinic‘s Kennel Assistant opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.midlothianveterinaryclinic.com
Kennel Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist in taking radiographs; clean surgical instruments and prepare surgical packs for sterilizations; sample set up and clean up
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Refill and restock exam/treatment rooms with appropriate medical supplies and materials
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensures safety of patients and people
- Clean kennels/feed animals as instructed/walk animals as instructed; general hospital janitorial duties
Kennel Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Advanced animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment