Why You’ll Love This Veterinary Technician Job at Lantana Animal Hospital in Lewisville, TX!
Lantana Animal Hospital is looking to add a Veterinary Technician to our growing practice! We are a Best of Denton County hospital 6 years in a row and have a tenured staff that is like family.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Veterinary Technician with 1 or more years of experience in veterinary practice – certification or licensing is a plus (LVT, RVT or CVA), but not required. We are looking for a long-term hire who will become a part of our Lantana family!
This position has the opportunity for growth within the practice over time both with compensation and job opportunities. This job requires some weekends and evenings, including rotating on-call shifts (Saturday and Sunday – usually once every 4-5 weeks) and rotating holidays. We pride ourselves in having employees that reflect our high standard of veterinary care and are seeking career-minded individuals who are committed to veterinary medicine.
Learn more about this hospital: www.lantanaanimalhospital.com
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities
- Collecting patient history, completing medical records and diagnostics for pets in the hospital for appointments, drop-offs, and surgeries.
- Restraining safely with minimal stress for pets in exam rooms and assisting with appointments.
- Assisting with surgical prep, monitoring, surgical procedure assisting, and patient recovery. Clean, repack and sterilize surgical instruments. Perform anesthesia machine maintenance, as needed.
- Accurately preparing and dispensing medications as directed by the doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet’s record and appropriately charged to the client.
- Calculating drug dosages and administering all medications IV, SQ or IM.
- Monitoring hospitalized pets, providing in-house treatments using a written treatment plan. Utilize patient monitoring equipment, i.e. ECG, SpO2, fluid pumps etc.
- Performing front desk duties intermittently and answering phones. Check clients in and out and accept payments. Email records to referring veterinarians.
- Other duties as assigned
Veterinary Technician Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Advanced animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred
Competitive salary based on experience. Applicants must be detail-oriented, have strong typing skills, have a great work ethic, enjoy communicating with people and strive for exceptional pet care. Must be at least 18 years old.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package (which includes healthcare, vision, dental and matching 401k, life insurance, and other ancillary benefits), including paid vacation and sick days, yearly paid CE, uniform allowance, generous personal pet care discounts, yearly account credits and even tuition reimbursement for licensing programs. Apply today!