Why You’ll Love This Job!
We are wild about people that share a love for animals! Join our paw-some group of veterinary professionals as a Full-Time Veterinarian in the Leonard, TX area.
Leonard Animal Clinic is a full-service animal hospital for dogs, cats, birds, pocket and exotic pets serving Leonard and the surrounding areas. Known as the “Best Little Town in Northeast Texas”, Leonard is located in Southwest Fannin County, about 35 minutes from McKinney and one hour from Dallas. Offering a rural feel from the bustles of city life, there is plenty to do nearby including Lil Bitty Rancho, Bear Creek Farm, Powder Creek Pavillion, Buckley Farms and for the adventurous types, Skydive Spaceland Dallas.
Led by Dr. Brea Smith, we pride ourselves on providing the best care by offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology. We offer a modern, spacious working area, a large treatment area, an in-house laboratory, digital radiography, surgical suite, advanced dental equipment, fully stocked pharmacy and acupuncture. To complement our doctors, we also have experienced licensed support staff, outstanding assistants, and a strong practice management team to provide additional support.
- Experienced veterinarian or recent veterinarian graduate ready to provide passionate care
- Active, non-restricted license (or ability to obtain) in the state of Texas
- Proficient in performing surgical and dental procedures
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999837933795