Why You’ll Love This Veterinary Technician Job at Valley Ranch Pet Clinic in Irving, TX!
Valley Ranch Pet Clinic is an integrative veterinary medical hospital dedicated to providing great care to our special pets and clients. We value a balanced work life and strive to provide a working environment with compassion, support and a unified strive to improve our knowledge and skills.
Our hospital provides a full range of medical, surgical and dental services. We have advanced diagnostics to include in-clinic ultrasound, digital radiography and full laboratory testing. We also have close access to MRI, CT, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine and radioactive iodine treatments. Our surgical services include laser, endoscopy, soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries. We also offer a full range of rehabilitation to include PRP, Stem Cell, physical therapy and underwater treadmill therapy.
You’ll also love this veterinary technician job because you’ll:
- Build a satisfying and lucrative career out of your passion and love for animals
- Have the satisfaction of knowing your work will improve the lives of pets and their people
- Grow alongside an organization that acknowledges your contributions to its overall success
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing and innovating organization
- Feel empowered as you leave an indelible mark on your community
- Bask in the sense of pride you will feel from being part of a network of reputable practices
- Learn new, on-the-job skills that will help you grow your career
- Enjoy a great work/life balance, plus generous perks and benefits
Learn more about this hospital: www.valleyranchpetclinic.com
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Technician Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Advanced animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred