Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you passionate about animals and would jump at the chance to interact with all types of pets in an atmosphere where fun and compassion are the order of the day? If you want to onboard with a modern mobile vaccine clinic where your career will flourish under the guidance of a caring DVM team, Penny Paws VCO – DFW has a place for you as our Veterinary Assistant.
At People, Pets & Vets, we cultivate a laid-back environment where you will work directly with skilled professionals, receiving the training needed to grow your career with the utmost confidence. As our Veterinary Assistant, you will join an outstanding and supportive work-family, all with the common goal of making sure our patients get the loving care they deserve. Best of all, you will have fun doing what you love in our fast-paced environment! This is an outside, part-time, weekends-only position at our mobile vaccine clinics.
Grab this amazing opportunity to onboard with a company that cares about your success and happiness. Apply for Penny Paws VCO – DFW’s Veterinary Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.pennypaws.com
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten pop up clinic tables to prepare for walk-in patients
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure the safety of patients and people
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for basic prevention visits; follow doctors requests to fill medications and vaccines
- Take temperatures, weight, draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Bilingual a plus
- You have never met a stranger – you make friends everywhere you go
- You are truly moved by being of service to pet owners who need us
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a vet technician or assistant preferred
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- A valid TX Driver’s License to be able to drive company vans to and from site if needed preferred
- You can also load equipment in and out of and get in and out of and ride in a vehicle to the clinic sites, and withstand outdoor elements such as wind and rain
- You can handle the physical requirements of the role, which include the ability to walk and ascend/descend stairs and ramps, remain standing for hours, bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist, adjust or move equipment and animals weighing up to 50 lbs, verbally communicate with others, and type and engage in other repeated hand motions that include use of the wrists, hands and/or fingers