Why You’ll Love This Veterinary Front Office Job with Default Location in Frisco, TX!
If you’re passionate about pet care, Default Location wants you as our newest team member! We are looking for a Veterinary Front Office worker who will be the voice for our four-legged clientele. Our clinic is the ideal place to start and grow a successful career from your passion and love for animals!
In this Veterinary Front Office position, our innovative organization will foster your professional growth in an inspiring and fun atmosphere. You will learn techniques and skills with on-the-job training that will help you grow your career in the veterinary field. Your co-workers will feel more like an extended family that genuinely cares about helping you achieve your goals. You’ll be a valued part of the community as you contribute to the wonderful care that we provide our customers and their beloved pets. In addition to a great work/life balance, you will receive benefits that include medical, dental and vision, a 401k with a company match, life insurance, and generous paid time off.
Don’t miss the opportunity to use your passion for animal advocacy into success! Apply for Default Location’s Veterinary Front Office opening today!
Learn more about this hospital here: https://www.blackstoneanimalhospital.com
Veterinary Front Office Responsibilities
- Greet all clients with a positive greeting; answer phones; take messages and answer basic client questions
- Know the range of services the practice provides and the species it treats; advise clients/recommend services for their pets; provide estimates
- Differentiate and prioritize between routine cases and emergency cases and alert staff accordingly
- Understand and use special record notations, and make appropriate notes in patient records
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Maintain medical records, establish or understand medical record filing systems
- Handle all cash transactions including deposits and invoicing
- Receive and place calls to clients for scheduling purposes
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, I.E: Referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to show empathy towards clients and treat pets with compassion and respect
Veterinary Front Office Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have full 2 years of current veterinary receptionist experience
- Advanced animal care, client/customer interaction, receptionist experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Knowledge of and ability to use medical abbreviations