Why You’ll Love This Job
Grow a successful career based on your love for animals when you join the Penny Paws Animal Clinic – Fort Worth family in our Veterinary Assistant position in Fort Worth, TX!
We are counting on you to help shape the future of PP&V because, here, we know it is our employees’ valuable contributions that lead to our overall success. You will benefit from a large support network while also maintaining the individuality that sets you apart. Your hard work and dedication as a Veterinary Assistant will pay off as you build important relationships both within the workplace and the surrounding pet community. Add to your knowledge base and increase your skills as you work alongside veterinary professionals. This is an outside, part-time, weekend only position.
It is an extraordinary time to start your career at Penny Paws Animal Clinic – Fort Worth! Apply for our Veterinary Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.pennypaws.com
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten pop up clinic tables to prepare for walk-in patients
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure the safety of patients and people
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for basic prevention visits; follow doctors requests to fill medications and vaccines
- Take temperatures, weight, draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician or assistant required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Blood draw from the cephalic vein