Why You’ll Love This Job!
Are you an experienced veterinarian ready to flex your leadership abilities? Join us as a Medical Director in in DeSoto, Texas! Whether you wish to have an experienced partner in practice or need reliable mentorship there is a place for you at Penny Paws Animal Clinic!
Compensation starts at $165k base salary + Production and a $25k sign on bonus!
Penny Paws Animal Clinic in DeSoto, TX will be opening soon! Our full-service veterinary practice boasts brand new construction, shiny, new equipment, and an eager clientele with pets ready to be served! If you’ve desired the opportunity to run a practice with oversight to the medical quality and develop the culture of the veterinary care team, this is your opportunity! Become a cornerstone in the pets of the DeSoto community by providing comprehensive and modern medical services and procedures.
As the Medical Director you will oversee, lead, and mentor staff in providing the best care to each pet and heir pet owner! We take pride in offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology. To complement our doctors, we have an experienced support staff and a strong leadership team to help in your success.
About DeSoto, TX
The City of DeSoto provides ample opportunities for you to live well and become part of an All-America City. Having earned the All-America City Award by the National Civic League for the collaboration of its citizens, volunteer associations, businesses, and government to make a better community. Within the immediate city limits, you’ll find hiking, walking trails and parks are part of DeSoto’s appeal DeSoto’s small town draw offers much to explore. An easy 30-minute drive, and you can enjoy the more robust city-life of the DFW metroplex.
We chose DeSoto, TX to establish our newest veterinary facility by determining the pet care needs through our Veterinary Community Outreach programs. Penny Paws Animal Clinic in DeSoto will provide care that is easily accessible, convenient, and affordable for the community without compromising top standards of care. We pride ourselves on providing the best care offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology.
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Experienced Veterinarian with active, non-restricted veterinary license in Texas
- Invested in building trusting relationships with clients, colleagues, and community.
- Mindset and desire to grow skills, and the desire to mentor staff to keep them growing and excelling.
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Additional perks included…
- $5,250 per year in pre-tax student loan tuition payments
- Employer sponsored TN1 and E-3 Visa Sponsorship Available (as needed)
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999852100878