Why You’ll Love This Job
We shih-tzu not…! We are looking for an amazing Veterinary Technician to join our pack of pet loving professionals at the Hometown Animal Hospital! Licensed Technicians preferred but non-licensed technicians with relevant experience are highly encouraged to apply!
Hometown Animal Hospital is located in beautiful Prineville, Oregon. We are a full-service hospital with modern equipment and technology including in-house diagnostic analyzers, digital full body and dental x-ray, fully equipped surgical and dental suites, and a fully stocked pharmacy. Hometown Animal Hospital strives to be “the” choice of veterinary providers in our community! We also serve the surrounding communities of Madras, Redmond, LaPine and Bend.
We are a multi-doctor practice and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team. We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Our Website: https://www.hometownvet.net/
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer service experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to provide in-depth education and effective communications to the clients and your team are crucial!
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
Veterinary Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification preferred in State of Oregon or pending credentials within 3-6 months.
- Candidates who do not possess licensure but has relevant experience and has strong desire to become licensed within 2-3 years are encouraged to apply. Tuition Assistance for Penn Foster program is available for qualified candidates.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet for the duration of your shift
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by People Pets & Vets. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. As an employee, you will have access to many benefits, training, and professional development opportunities.
What’s in it for you?
- Great Compensation Package
- Signing Bonus for Licensed/Certified Technicians
- Ideal Work Schedule and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) With employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- If not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster program available to qualified candidates
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance and annual licensure reimbursement
- Pet care discount
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
People Pets & Vets is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.