Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you adore animals and like having fun on the job? Would you be interested in joining an established veterinary hospital that offers flexible scheduling and great benefits? Then, you should consider this choice Kennel Assistant position with Westbrook Animal Hospital, a state-of-the-art facility devoted to providing outstanding pet care in Burlington, NC!
As a Kennel Assistant with Westbrook Animal Hospital, you will work in a positive atmosphere as part of a happy work-family that bands together to help one another achieve success. Learn new and beneficial skills as you float between the front and back of the hospital, assisting in various important duties. Spend quality time with our furry patients who will love the attention you show them. Management will appreciate your efforts and clients will be grateful for your devotion to their beloved pets. We will reward you with generous paid time off, a flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401k matched by us.
Join a company that fosters a climate of learning, respect and compassionate care! Apply for Westbrook Animal Hospital‘s Kennel Assistant opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.westbrookahvet.com
Kennel Assistant Responsibilities
- Care for pets in our hospital (maintaining a clean living environment, feeding, medicating, bathing)
- Cleaning the kennel, laundry, and hospital
- Taking pets being dropped off to the kennel and getting them setup
- Bringing pets and belongings to reception when client picks up
- Assist Doctors, RVT, assistants, and groomers when needed, by bringing up pets for treatment and holding during treatment
Kennel Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Advanced animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Hours will rotate between mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays.
- Have reliable transportation
- Be honest, trustworthy, and dependable
- Must be a self-starter