Why You’ll Love This Job!
Join a passionate bunch of rock-star veterinary professionals as a Certified Veterinary Technician, in Boise, Idaho!
Eastgate Pet Clinic is a full-service veterinary facility providing quality veterinary medicine and surgery to South East Boise. We’ve been part of this community since 1986, and our philosophy is to work with clients to keep pets healthy through regular preventative care so that serious problems are avoided. To complement our doctors, we have experienced certified technicians, and a wonderful group of passionate pet and client care associates to provide additional support. We’d love to make you a part of this special certified technician team!
We are seeking technicians who love to educate clients on how to best care for their pets and develop the skills and abilities of their supporting team. The ideal Certified Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer service experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to expertly educate and effectively communicate with both clients and staff is crucial to our success!
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred or pending certification in Idaho within 3-6 months.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet for the duration of your shift.
We’re located in Eastgate Shopping Center, conveniently located near restaurants, coffee shops, and taverns. A sign-on bonus is included with this role, amount varies dependent on experience.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining individuality and medical autonomy which makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do! Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Annual CE Reimbursement / LVT/RVT/CVT License Reimbursement
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Care Benefits for your personal pets
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
- VTNE Exam Fee reimbursement
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999838906499