Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you passionate about animals and would jump at the chance to interact with all types of pets in an atmosphere where fun and compassion are the order of the day? If you want to onboard with a modern veterinary clinic where your career will flourish under the guidance of a caring DVM team, East Roswell Vet Hospital has a place for you as our Veterinary Assistant in Roswell, GA.
At People, Pets & Vets, we cultivate a laid-back environment where you will work directly with skilled professionals, receiving the training needed to grow your career with the utmost confidence. As our Veterinary Assistant, you will join an outstanding and supportive work-family, all with the common goal of making sure our patients get the loving care they deserve. Best of all, you will have fun doing what you love! In return, you will receive healthcare benefits that include dental and vision, life insurance, paid time off and a company-matched 401k.
Grab this amazing opportunity to onboard with a company that cares about your success and happiness. Apply for East Roswell Vet Hospital’s Veterinary Assistant job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.ervethosp.com
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician or assistant required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred