Why You’ll Love This Job!
Not all superheroes wear capes, but we sure think our staff should wear one every day! Join a passionate bunch of veterinary professionals at Palomar Animal Hospital as a Full-Time Associate Veterinarian who are saving the Vista, CA community, one pet at a time!
**Sign-On Bonus / Relocation Support Offered**
Palomar Animal Hospital is a full-service small animal hospital, serving the health care needs of just about all manner of household pets, including dogs, cats and pocket pets to birds, reptiles, and exotics. Dr. Linda Knox is a compassionate leader who has guided the hospital in serving the local Vista community for 14 years. The city of Vista is located between LA and San Diego and is just seven miles from the beach! Our state-of-the-art facility is outfitted with modern equipment and cutting-edge technology, allowing us to consistently deliver the highest quality veterinary medical, dental, surgical, and diagnostic care available. To complement our doctors, we have a team of experienced support staff and a strong leadership group who work closely together to deliver the best care to each pet and pet owner!
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Active, non-restricted veterinary license in California
- Experience in providing care for exotic animals or strong interest in learning how to provide care for exotic animals required
- Proficient in ultrasound and dental procedures strongly preferred
- Experienced veterinarian or recent veterinarian graduate ready to provide passionate care
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999849783621