Why You’ll Love This Job!
We are wild about people that share a love for animals! Join our paw-some group of veterinary professionals as a Full-Time Veterinarian in Visalia, CA!
** UP TO $50,000 SIGN-ON / RELOCATION BONUS OFFERED**
Companion Animal Medical Center is a is a full service companion animal hospital serving the very loyal community in Visalia. Visalia has a lower cost of living as compared to the highly populated Cities and coastal towns of California and is a historically agricultural town with other industries developing the entire landscape. The city is located just an hour away from the foothills and the mountains where you can enjoy great hiking and camping adventures; and a 2 hour drive to the coast for a weekend getaway!
Led by Dr. Kelly Tarkington, we pride ourselves on providing the best care offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology. Our team is proud to see emergency and urgent care cases which allow our GP Veterinarians to see things you typically wouldn’t see in a “regular” GP hospital. We are proud to provide care of all the surrounding area police dogs and fire department therapy dogs. Additionally, we help the Visalia Feral Cat Coalition, work with the local SPCA and several local rescues, and donate to the local SPCA under deceased patients’ names. To complement our doctors, we have an experienced support staff and a strong leadership team to help in your success to deliver the best care to each pet and pet owner!
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- New Grad or Experienced veterinarian ready to provide passionate care
- Active, non-restricted veterinary license in California
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Job ID: 743999849781171