Why You’ll Love This Job!
Look no further, we have the purrr-fect job for you! Join our feline-exclusive group of veterinary professionals as a Full-Time Veterinarian at Chico Hospital for Cats in Chico, CA!
**SIGN-ON / RELOCATION BONUS OFFERED**
Chico Hospital for Cats is the only feline-exclusive veterinary hospital servicing Chico and neighboring communities for over 22 years. Located in Northern California, Chico maintains a special sense of community and small-town living as it has developed into a vibrant regional center for business, recreation and cultural activities. The city is known as a bicycling community and hosts the Wildflower Century 100-mile bike race each April. Chico is also home to a world music festival, concert series, parks including massive Bidwell Park, and museums.
World renowned Dr. Elizabeth Colleran and her team of cat veterinarians and staff has dedicated their lives to understanding our feline friends on an unprecedented level. The cat hospital has incorporated this knowledge into every aspect of the practice and is proudly the only Gold designated AAFP Cat Friendly Practice in Northern California. Dr. Colleran also leads a dedicated I-131 team at the practice, the only practice in Northern CA curing hyperthyroidism for cats in Northern CA, Western NV, and Southern OR.
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school in general practice
- Experienced Veterinarian ready to provide passionate care in a FELINE-EXCLUSIVE Practice
- Active, non-restricted veterinary license (or ability to obtain) in California
- Proficient in performing surgical and dental procedures strongly preferred
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.
Videos To Watch
Job ID: 743999849785871