Why You’ll Love This Job
Grow a successful career based on your love for animals when you join the North Central Animal Hospital family in our Veterinary Technician position in Phoenix, AZ!
We are counting on you to help shape the future of PP&V because, here, we know it is our employees’ valuable contributions that lead to our overall success. You will benefit from a large support network while also maintaining the individuality that sets you apart. Your hard work and dedication as a Veterinary Technician will pay off as you build important relationships both within the workplace and the surrounding pet community. Add to your knowledge base and increase your skills as you work alongside veterinary professionals. Enjoy job satisfaction and receive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a 3% match.
It is an extraordinary time to start your career at North Central Animal Hospital! Apply for our Veterinary Technician job opening today!
Learn more about this hospital: www.northcentralanimalhospital.com
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Technician Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced experience as a veterinary technician required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience required
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred